Freelance Positions Available
Happenings Media is a leading media and marketing company in the niches of local lifestyle, community, and small business, with platforms including Bucks Happening, Montco Happening, Hunterdon Happening, Philly Happening, and Extra/Ordinary Small Business. We reach locals, tell meaningful stories within the communities we serve and support small businesses. Beyond our publishing platforms, we engage our audience across a variety of channels, including digital, social, video, audio, and experiential. We create meaningful partnerships, campaigns, and collaborations between small businesses, readers, influencers, and our community.
At Happening Mag, we are looking for contributors in the following subject matter areas:
– Family + Kids
– Life + Culture
– Going Out, Night Life, Daytime Activities
– Food + Drink
– Shopping + Retail
– Health + Beauty
– Home + Garden
– Real Estate
– Business + Small Business
Contributors are responsible to write and deliver a lively mix of content in subject matter areas to which they are assigned. Contributors will produce sparkling, error-free copy, for digital and social. Contributors must write trending, informative articles that will attract viewers.
– Generate story ideas for specific subject matter areas for Philadelphia region publications.
– Write and deliver assignments that are self-edited and ready for final review
– Take photos or video with mobile devices.
– Participate in bi-monthly or monthly planning meetings
– Contribute to company social media platforms
– A demonstrated interest and/or expertise in a specific subject matter area (as outlined above)
– Ability to identify and communicate stories
– Write 1-3 pieces of content per month as assigned.
– WordPress skills with the ability to upload copy and photo.
– Excellent communication, both written and oral
– Ability to maintain high-quality work and function independently while meeting tight deadlines
– Self-motivated, responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the work, and a can-do positive attitude
The following meaningful items will be considered but are not required
– Advanced WordPress skills
– Understanding/Expertise/Active Usage of social media
– Established social following
– Relevant experience in writing, publishing, and or specific subject matter areas.
– We love creativity!
– Flexible schedule
– Be apart of a positive team that supports the community
– Fully remote working