Happenings Media is a leading media and marketing company in the niches of local lifestyle, community, and small business, with platforms including Bucks Happening, Montco Happening, Hunterdon Happening, Philly Happening, and Extra/Ordinary Small Business. You can learn more about us here and here. We reach locals, tell meaningful stories within the communities we serve and support small businesses.
At Happening Mag, we are looking for contributors in the following content areas:
– Family + Kids
– Life + Culture
– Going Out, Night Life, Daytime Activities
– Food + Drink
– Shopping + Retail
– Health + Beauty
– Home + Garden
– Real Estate
– Business + Small Business
Content types currently include written features, photography, social media content, and video, but we are always open to experimenting with new content types. Contributors will produce trending, sparkling, informative content that is error-free copy for digital and social.
– Generate story ideas
– Write and deliver assignments that are self-edited and ready for final review
– Take photos or videos with mobile devices.
– Participate in quarterly or monthly planning meetings
– Contribute to company social media platforms
– A demonstrated interest and/or expertise in a specific subject matter area (as outlined above)
– Ability to identify and communicate stories
– Write 1-3 pieces of content per month as assigned.
– Writers must possess WordPress skills with the ability to upload copy and photos. Social creators must possess strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok including recent algorithm and trend considerations (i.e. produce content that will pick up viewership on social).
– Excellent communication, both written and oral. We are a remote team, so proactive communication is a must.
– Ability to maintain high-quality work and function independently while meeting tight deadlines.
– Self-motivated, responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the work, and a can-do positive attitude
We love creativity and self-motivated team members with a positive attitude.
– Flexible schedule
– Be a part of a positive team that supports the community
– Fully remote working